Saturday 27 June 2020

Life in Lockdown - An Update

Hello
It's been a month since I did the post on how I was finding life in lockdown but a lot has changed now so I thought I would give you an update and how I'm coping etc.

Shops, some cafes and restaurants have recently opened for takeaway service only which I think is good because it means I can finally get my McDonald's and Starbucks fix!! Oh how I've missed them. And it's also good for the economy. This has enabled me to have a bit more freedom on where I can shop or go to when I go out. I'm still trying to get out everyday or every other day for a walk or to go out to the shops.

From 24th June, the Northern Ireland executive agreed that groups of up to six people not from the same household could meet together indoors. This meant that I could finally get to go to my mum's house and spend time with her there and I hadn't been allowed to do this since lockdown started so this made me very happy. During lockdown, I had only been able to see my mum in person on my birthday when she came to outside my house and we had a socially distanced chat and a few weeks later when we met at a local cafe and sat outside and had a socially distanced lunch.

How have I been coping since my last post? I could brush my feelings under the carpet and say yeh I've been doing ok but the truth is, I haven't. Not really, anyway. I feel like I've just been existing. I've forgotten to plan my days in advance so I've ended up taking everyday as it comes which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it means I've ended up playing on my phone or lying in my bed watching YouTube videos or Netflix series or movies on my TV from my Google chromecast for most of the day which isn't the best for my mental health. I like colouring in and doing wordsearches but I've forgotten to break up my day by doing these things even though I know they help me. I like reading as well and I have read My Confessional by Janet Devlin but it is her autobiography and is about the issues she had with mental health, self harm and alcoholism so I don't think reading this was the best idea for my mental health either. I recently bought the new Hunger Games book, "The Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes" but I haven't got round to reading it yet but it has good reviews so I'm looking forward to reading it, especially if it's anywhere near as good as the other Hunger Games books are.

If anyone reading this is struggling during lockdown which I know a lot of people are so you're not alone, lockdown restrictions are being eased so things are getting better so please remember this. If you feel like you do need help, there are helplines and organisations and websites out there that you can contact/use for help and support.

I hope everyone reading this is safe and well. 
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig